You are not logged in.

#1 04-14-2013 16:26:11

paul82
Nouveau membre

Experiences using ffdiaporama

I would like to thank the developers of ffdiaporama for making this impressive software. I have used version 1.5 for a two disc DVD of a scouting event and the more I've used it the more impressed I became. the following features would make ffdiaporama  even better:

- Enable cut, paste and undo shortcuts for all operations (currently only blocks respond to ctr-c ctrl-v etc.)

- Make it possible to render a .ffd from the command line, so you could do batch processing of finished slidewshows to different output formats.

- Find a output format that makes it possible to do incremental rendering of a slideshow. So changing one or two slides only needs a re-rendering of those slides. Maybe MJPEG, as every frame is independent of the previous frame combined with a separate wav audiotrack. I know VLC is able to play a MJPEG and a separate audiotrack synchronously.

I have checked out version 1.6 but it choked on my current slideshows, so I haven't fully evaluated it yet. It seems you switched from invoking ffmpeg to using a library, maybe this makes the last two feature requests easier.

#2 04-15-2013 08:13:51

domledom
Administrateur

Re: Experiences using ffdiaporama

Hello

Thanks for your encouragements

- Enable cut, paste and undo shortcuts for all operations (currently only blocks respond to ctr-c ctrl-v etc.)
=> Even if the shortcut  don't work, the functions do exist using contextual menus for slides, shots and blocks

- Make it possible to render a .ffd from the command line
=> This is an old request which I have not yet had time to work, but this is expected

- Find a output format that makes it possible to do incremental rendering of a slideshow
=> What you ask is too complicated. By cons, you can use the lossless made to generate pieces and a project to assemble the pieces hat

- I have checked out version 1.6 but it choked on my current slideshows
=> Version 1.6 is being finalized. It is really important that you explain the problems you meet so that I can solve all bugs

Processeur i5 - 8 Go RAM - Manjaro Linux KDE (64 bits) / Windows 7 (64 bits)

#3 04-17-2013 17:45:55

paul82
Nouveau membre

Re: Experiences using ffdiaporama

>- Enable cut, paste and undo shortcuts for all operations (currently only blocks respond to ctr-c ctrl-v etc.)
>=> Even if the shortcut  don't work, the functions do exist using contextual menus for slides, shots and blocks

I am using the contextual menus, but i prefer keyboard short cuts.

>- Make it possible to render a .ffd from the command line
>=> This is an old request which I have not yet had time to work, but this is expected

Good to hear it is an old request. I have found a work around to do batch processing:
- Start ffdiaporama from the command line
- Configure desired output format
- Start rendering
- Switch back to console
- use ctrl-z to pause the process
- start new ffdiaporama from command line and repeat previous steps.
- $ sleep 30m;bg 1;sleep 30m;bg 2 .....

Every render needs to be in a seperate directory or the temp.wav file will be a mess. ( I would like to suggest including the project name in the temp wav or generating a UUID)

>- Find a output format that makes it possible to do incremental rendering of a slideshow
>=> What you ask is too complicated. By cons, you can use the lossless made to generate pieces and a project to assemble the pieces hat

At the end of a project you need to do small changes at a randomly distributed number of slides. That's where I wish incremental rendering would be possible.

>- I have checked out version 1.6 but it choked on my current slideshows
>=> Version 1.6 is being finalized. It is really important that you explain the problems you meet so that I can solve all bugs

I will try to load the project files again and report.

Board footer