#1 10-03-2011 06:50:23

domledom
Administrateur

[Clos] CHANGELOG on the way towards ffDiaporama 1.1

State on December 02, 2011

ffDiaporama 1.1 beta 1
New Web Site is online !

Closed Bugs

• Correction of the bug of display rulers and frames in dialog box slide and reframing (lines did not still appear when dialogs were small)

• Correction of the bug of detection of the image orientation with old EXIV2 version [Some Linux distribution of 2010 and previous]

• During the load of a project, if a file is unreachable and you answer

• not to the proposition to choose another file, the corresponding block is deleted. Before it stay in incorrect state and a double click on it do a crash

• yes and the file is use again, the question will not be ask again

• Impossible to move a block with mouse if rulers are disabled in the slide and reframing dialogs

• Correction of the bug of display handles in dialog box slide (lines did not still appear when dialogs were small)

• Fix video format error when rendering using DVD size (720x576-PAL or 720x480-NTSC)

• Slide dialog box use default geometry instead of project geometry

• Fix all sliders (Page clicks was not used)

• Fix Windows bug at first startup use [My documents] instead of [My videos] if [My videos] is undefined

• Fix Windows bug when render video and filename or path of destination file have special characters like accents

• [Code cleaning] Move fmt_filters files to their own sub-directory

• Bug fix with horizontal scroll bar of timeline in mainwindow and shot table in slide dialog [KDE]

• Bug fix of display when background have transparent part

• Bug fix : When canceling a "add files" dialog, current selection is move to the next side

• Bug fix with slide range error detection in render video dialog

• Bug fix on minimum slide duration. Now minimum duration is 1/30 sec

• Bug fix on preview speed (speed was double)

• Bug fix on rendering video : remove jerky

• Fix bug of display logo in the zone near the player [Windows]

• Fix compilation issue with ffmpeg 0.52 (ubuntu 10.10 et 11.04)

• Fix display bug of shap in slide dialog [since 20111106]

• Puts back the possibility of changing the geometrical constraint for blocks text [since 20111106]

• Change WEB zone for the WIKI pages : move to CMS root zone

• Bug fix of geometry in SD/DVD rendering

• Fix bug : When using the cross fade transition between 2 identical pictures the brightness changes

• Fix bug of block selection in slide dialog

• Remove internal margin when drawing image in a shape (Empty lines appear)

• Fix memory manager to remove more blocks

• Fix MainWindow and slide dialog for they use option "Ask user for removing objects"

• Fix play of sound for some Linux release by the addition of a new option in the option dialog

• Buf fix of style affectation when nothing is selected in the style popup menu

• Fix a bug to find correct style when it is defined in option dialog and it is custom

• Fix display bug which prevented the information of loading file from appearing during the selections of slide by the user

• Modify bug fix of cross fade transition by the addition of a second cross fade transition without disapear of previous image

• End of bug fix for status bar : Now it working correctly for Linux and for Windows

• Correct a big bug which prevented the application of the transformation filters on the images (further to the modifications on the memory manager)

• Correct a bug which display image as white in the slide dialog

• Settings proposed in avanced render dialog are now always them defined in option dialog

• The options for rendering defined in the option dialog are now correctly reloaded

• Add image smoothing which had been forgotten in various places in the source code improving image quality

• Remove "temporarely" the status because of too many trouble with it

• Find and fix the latest place in the source code where smoothing was not applied !

• Select a slide stop the play [bug since 20111126]

• When ffDiaporama can't read latest image of a video, now it read image at 100 ms before instead of crash

• Add image smoothing for transition

• Force status bar to display basic messages

• Fix bug for adding non standard image when new slide

• Delete useless calls to Exiv2 during the project loads

Change of behavior/New features

• Makes possible the partial support of a language (Interface only or Interface+WIKI or Interface+WIKI+WEB)

• Addition of the files of the Russian language (25%)

• Addition of the files of the Greec language (100%)

• Move the contents of 4 tab_00x.html files in the .ts file

• Open immediately the dialog allowing to modify the text when we add new text block in the slide dialog

• When double click on a block in the slide dialog (scene or block table) then open text dialog, reframing dialog or video edit dialog according to the block type

• Add options to the render dialogs to select rendering for all slide or only for some (from->to selection)

• Open slide dialog when double click on preview zone

• Add the possibility of making a multiple selection when one want to insert new objects (images or video) into a shot in the slide dialog

• Add the possibility of inserting slides by drag and drop since the files explorer towards the timeline

• Change thumbnails display in the timeline :

• Add slide number near background

• Change the icon representing the presence of several shots

• Add an icon representing the presence of several blocks

• Add previous/next buttons in the slide dialog

• Add title number in the slide dialog title

• Add Drag & Drop to the slide dialog timeline (shots table)

• New design for reframming dialog

• Transfer of the settings of transformation and blur/sharpness for slide dialog to reframming dialog

• Limit the radius property of the blur/sharpness filter to the range 1-10

• Add two reset buttons to controls lines of the blur/sharpness filter

• Transfer of changing image/video file function for slide dialog to reframming dialog

• New design for text dialog

• Transfer of the settings of background text block for slide dialog to text dialog

• Synchronize the display in slide dialog with the modifications in text dialog (real time)

• Add style management system

• Add style menu button for coordinates and block shape in the slide dialog

• Add style menu button for text and text block background in the text dialog

• Create a first collection for standard style

• Translate standard styles

• Add a geometry filter to block coordinates styles

• Manage style dialog development

• Disable add style and update style when they already exist

• Display current style or "Custom style" in the slide dialog and in the text dialog

• Move geometrical constraint combobox from slide dialog to the framming dialog

• Add lock custom geometrical constraint option

• Add style for image framing

• Integrate image framing style into coordinates style

• Add flv and 3gp extensions in the video supported files (when adding object)

• Move default transition and default framing options from application to project tab [option dialog]

• Add an option in the configuration dialog to automatically cut 1920x1088 videos to 1920x1080

• Modify configuration dialog to use style sheet to defined default settings for blocks and slides

• Modify duration fields for 1st shot and following shots to authorize values in thousandth of seconds in configuration dialog

• Remove QtWebKit and Phonon dependancies : QtWebKit and Phonon are no longer needed!

• Remove WIKI files. Now WIKI is only accessible online using CMS on WEB site.

• Add the possibility of deactivating the sound of a video (volume=0%)

• Add the AC3 in the possible audio list of codecs for the .mpg container

• Add an option in option dialog to select how many slides are keep in cache

• Add an option in option dialog to activate SDL audio old mode

• Add a new backgound in the library Tulle

• Activate the translations for German, Dutch and Portuguese, even if the translations are not made

• Addition of a launcher in the Windows package to make the file association functional under Windows (it is now possible to launch the application by click double on a .ffd file in the windows explorer)

• Still improve the cache memory manager with the implementation of LuLo cache (Last Used is Last Out)

• Add a "Go to black" transition in Basic familly

• Modify the option in option dialog to select how many slides are keep in cache to memory profil (more simple)

• Application options are now save when exit of option dialog

• Do what needed for it is ffDiaporama which compute anamorphous rather than ffmpeg during generation of video in SD-DVD mode

• Add rendering resolution 576p

• Add device "Generic Portable LED/LCD TV"

• Add an option in the Background dialog to deform the image and make it fill all the screen

• Add new options in option dialog for non standard image to define geometrical constraint in addition to coordinate style

• Finalize sorting of image sizes, codecs and bitrates in option dialog and render dialog

• Remove the opening of a console during the opening by click double on a file [Windows-ffDiaporamaStart]

• Add Check configuration dialog

• Check at startup if exiv2 and ffmpeg are available - if not : exit application

• Add the possibility to render a video without audio track

Last edited by domledom (12-02-2011 07:51:25)

Processeur i5 - 8 Go RAM - Manjaro Linux KDE (64 bits) / Windows 7 (64 bits)

#2 10-03-2011 10:52:43

pepebaeza
Administrateur
Website

Re: [Clos] CHANGELOG on the way towards ffDiaporama 1.1

I checked on my blog ffDiaporama articles that are visited from Russia, great news that 25% of translation!

#3 10-14-2011 08:37:34

domledom
Administrateur

#4 10-20-2011 23:09:14

domledom
Administrateur

Build on October 20,2011

This new build introduces the new feature of style management and fix the bugs of rendering of the previous build.
PLEASE, said me your opinions on this new feature I really need to know what you think about it.

Edit 13:00
Sorry, but a problem was detected with the ffmpeg.exe integrated into these packages.
Packages will be redone this weekend.
In the meantime, use the ffmpeg.exe file of the stable version as a replacement.

Edit 17:45
Packages are now redone with correct version

#5 10-23-2011 12:21:48

ac-chan
Nouveau membre

Bugs:

-when a use the "add files" dialog in the project tab and donet add a file, but cancel, the next side is selected(before first slide, after secound slide)
-rendering requires audio. without audio i get only the error message "Error creating temporary audio file !".(the space befor the "!" is wrong) Add the option of a silent/no audio slideshow
-under wine the links don't work(ubuntu 10.04, wine 1.0.1, noAcc version)
-the "Edit text" dialog is missing horizontal slide and the properties is not wide enough(the drop down buttons not full visible, align bottom is not full visible)
-when using the next or previous button in the slide properties window, the window flashes(disapier and comes with the new slide back)
-the rendering/preview in the slide properties window is bad. the red lines disabier sometimes, the boxes disapier or are only partial visible, text efect not full visible, ...
-the previe is always 16:9 in the slide properties window, also when using 4:3(maybe the reasen for the bad rendering in the preview?)
-when click a secound time on the button with the 3disks and the triangle left from Coordinates the popup does not disapier
-the thumbnails allways 16:9

feature request:
-disable the effect/transition preview. only display them when the mous is over one.
-resizeable parts in the preview mode of the main window(preview, thumbnails, info/tipp)
-by default no effect/transition for the first slide
-display the exif infos in the Information tab of the Slide properties window
-add a image/photo cut in the slide properties window

#6 10-23-2011 15:29:48

domledom
Administrateur

when a use the "add files" dialog in the project tab and donet add a file, but cancel, the next side is selected(before first slide, after secound slide)

Confirm : I open a bug

rendering requires audio. without audio i get only the error message "Error creating temporary audio file !".

I'm not understand: You try to render a video without audio and you get the error message or you have this error message when no audio/music was defined for the audio track ?

Add the option of a silent/no audio slideshow

Yes, many users ask me for that ... i add it to the todo list

under wine the links don't work(ubuntu 10.04, wine 1.0.1, noAcc version)

Did you try to compile the software on ubuntu 10.04 ?

the "Edit text" dialog is missing horizontal slide and the properties is not wide enough(the drop down buttons not full visible, align bottom is not full visible)

Will be fix in the next SVN revision

when using the next or previous button in the slide properties window, the window flashes(disapier and comes with the new slide back)

Yes, i know that, but for the moment (until undo features was developed), i have no choice

the rendering/preview in the slide properties window is bad. the red lines disabier sometimes, the boxes disapier or are only partial visible, text efect not full visible, ...

Normaly it's solve in the devel version. Witch version do you use ?

the previe is always 16:9 in the slide properties window, also when using 4:3(maybe the reasen for the bad rendering in the preview?)
the thumbnails allways 16:9

Geometry is a project property. When you change geometry in the option dialog, you have to create a new project to have the new setting enabled

when click a secound time on the button with the 3disks and the triangle left from Coordinates the popup does not disapier

The 3disks and the triangle left is the menu style button
I can't reproduce this bug. Is it append with wine ?

feature request:

disable the effect/transition preview. only display them when the mous is over one.

In the transition dialog ?

resizeable parts in the preview mode of the main window(preview, thumbnails, info/tipp)

The main window will be redesigned in a few time

by default no effect/transition for the first slide

It's a good idea : i add it to the todo list

display the exif infos in the Information tab of the Slide properties window

I don't understand : exif infos are already display in the Information tab

add a image/photo cut in the slide properties window

I don't understand : the reframing button already exist in the slide properties window

#7 10-23-2011 17:47:23

ac-chan
Nouveau membre

domledom wrote:

rendering requires audio. without audio i get only the error message "Error creating temporary audio file !".

I'm not understand: You try to render a video without audio and you get the error message or you have this error message when no audio/music was defined for the audio track ?

I have no audio in my project, but ffDiapora,a tryes to encode audio.

domledom wrote:

under wine the links don't work(ubuntu 10.04, wine 1.0.1, noAcc version)

Did you try to compile the software on ubuntu 10.04 ?

all this report was done with the windows noAcc build you postet earlier here(http://ffdiaporama.tuxfamily.org/download.php?f=Devel/1.1.20111020/ffDiaporama-1.1.devel.20111020_setup_NoA.exe)

domledom wrote:

the rendering/preview in the slide properties window is bad. the red lines disabier sometimes, the boxes disapier or are only partial visible, text efect not full visible, ...

Normaly it's solve in the devel version. Witch version do you use ?

http://ffdiaporama.tuxfamily.org/downlo … up_NoA.exe

domledom wrote:

the previe is always 16:9 in the slide properties window, also when using 4:3(maybe the reasen for the bad rendering in the preview?)
the thumbnails allways 16:9

Geometry is a project property. When you change geometry in the option dialog, you have to create a new project to have the new setting enabled

ahh.

domledom wrote:

when click a secound time on the button with the 3disks and the triangle left from Coordinates the popup does not disapier

The 3disks and the triangle left is the menu style button
I can't reproduce this bug. Is it append with wine ?

maybe. I will check later with a native build.

domledom wrote:

feature request:

disable the effect/transition preview. only display them when the mous is over one.

In the transition dialog ?

right. It is to much for me see all this different trasition at once.

#8 10-23-2011 18:09:15

domledom
Administrateur

Ok, if i understand all the report are done with the lastest build on an ubuntu 10.04 using wine.
I never make test with wine.
The error message appears "Error creating temporary audio file !" generally when ffDiaporama can't write to the disk.
Have you select a destination folder were wine can write ?

For the new feature, disable the effect/transition preview. only display them when the mous is over one.
I will add it to the todo-list

#9 11-03-2011 08:03:23

domledom
Administrateur

Build on November 03, 2011

Importants in this new build :

• The management of style sheets is now completely ended

• Configuration and slide/text/image edition dialog were redrawn

• Most of the bugs bound to the rendering of videos were fix in particular the one who provoked jerks

• The dependences to QtWebKit and Phonon was removed. It reduces the size of packages and accelerates the starting up of ffDiaporama

• Numerous small interfaces bugs were fixed

Note for Linux users :
If you use a too recent version of ffmpeg (posterior on September 10th, 2011), there is a problem of colors in videos generated.
This arises on distributions like Gentoo or if you compile ffmpeg.

The most recent versions with which ffDiaporama work are the following ones:
  ffmpeg       N-32355-g4f7dfe1
  libavutil    51. 16. 0
  libavcodec   53. 13. 0
  libavformat  53. 11. 0
  libavdevice  53.  3. 0
  libavfilter  2. 39. 0
  libswscale   2.  1. 0
  libpostproc  52.  0. 0

#10 11-20-2011 13:09:15

domledom
Administrateur

And a last one Build before the passage in BETA and the freeze of the addition of new features

Build on November 20, 2011

Importants in this new build :

• The management of the memory was completely revised so that the application remains functional even with the big projects - A new option appears in the configuration dialog to make the setting

• The Windows package now include a launcher to make the file association functional under Windows (it is now possible to launch the application by click double on a .ffd file in the windows explorer)

• A new SDL option appears in the configuration dialog for Linux to allow the sound continu to work with the new SDL package included in the last ones update of Ubuntu 11.10

• Still of numerous interfaces bug fix

Note for Linux users:
If you use an old Linux distribution, you will be probably have to check the new SDL checkbox in the configuration dialog to have sound in preview

#11 11-22-2011 10:41:11

domledom
Administrateur

Build on November 22, 2011

You are apparently many to test these alphas ... your bugg reports helps me a lot: thank you

Warning: I have still modified the memory managment system. Thus use the option dialog to make the settings

Board footer