You are not logged in.

#1 10-18-2015 05:32:33

Blader726
Nouveau membre

Images are missing...

The video I made has like 30 seconds of black screen with audio. Any suggestion?

#2 10-21-2015 08:41:53

BrookLarson
Nouveau membre

Re: Images are missing...

Hmm.. Any other details? What actions have you undertaken while working with it?

#3 10-21-2015 16:40:54

Blader726
Nouveau membre

I rendered the video in lossless format. I added three different music file. Out of nowhere images are missing and it resumed as if nothing happened. I tried to use other format while rendering, it is the same result. Anything I can tell you to help me to solve the issues? Thank you very much.

#4 10-21-2015 17:03:33

gerd1028
Membre

Hi Blader,
the User "BrookLarson" is just a spammer, so you won't get any usefull information from him.

If you try to get help you should give at least some basic informations:
- Which OS are you running ?
- How many memory has your machine ?
- 32 or 64 bit Version ?
- Which Program-Version you are using ?
- How big is the Project you try to render ?

Greetings
Gerd

#5 10-21-2015 17:54:46

Blader726
Nouveau membre

gerd1028 wrote:

Hi Blader,
the User "BrookLarson" is just a spammer, so you won't get any usefull information from him.

If you try to get help you should give at least some basic informations:
- Which OS are you running ?
- How many memory has your machine ?
- 32 or 64 bit Version ?
- Which Program-Version you are using ?
- How big is the Project you try to render ?

Greetings
Gerd

I didnt know s/he is a spammer. I am using Window 7, 4GB memory, 32 Bit and I am using the development version. The file I rendered ended up about 1 GB.

#6 10-22-2015 11:53:36

gerd1028
Membre

Hi Blader,

some Tips that might help rendering your video:

• be sure that there is enough free memory when starting ffDaporama

• try different settings of "Memory Profil" in the settings-dialog (choosing a lower value than before value is also an option!)

• start ffDiaporama, load your project and start rendering immediately (dont start a preview and dont make any changes in the project)

If these tips didnt help you can try to delete the ffDiaporama.db. You will loose some of your private settings, but the database will be re-created at the next start of ffDiaporama. Then load your project(will take a bit longer at this time)  and try to render it.

Good luck
gerd

#7 10-22-2015 15:30:48

Blader726
Nouveau membre

gerd1028 wrote:

Hi Blader,

some Tips that might help rendering your video:

• be sure that there is enough free memory when starting ffDaporama

• try different settings of "Memory Profil" in the settings-dialog (choosing a lower value than before value is also an option!)

• start ffDiaporama, load your project and start rendering immediately (dont start a preview and dont make any changes in the project)

If these tips didnt help you can try to delete the ffDiaporama.db. You will loose some of your private settings, but the database will be re-created at the next start of ffDiaporama. Then load your project(will take a bit longer at this time)  and try to render it.

Good luck
gerd

Thank you very much. Just one silly question, how do I determine whether I have enough memory or not?

#8 10-22-2015 15:58:55

gerd1028
Membre

Short answer:
you can't, if your project renders, everything is fine.

Longer answer:
A 32-Bit program can use up to 2GB Memory.
This memory will be used for
- all internal Data of the program
- memory used for rendering (depends on the codec for rendering used with ffmpeg)
- memory for your pictures/videos/sounds used in your project
The value in your application-settings can limt the memory used for pictures hold in memory during rendering.
So the maximum memory usage is taken when rendering two slides during their transition, at this point both slides where needed to generate the Transition-output,
Unfortunately there are some more issues with memory handling like memory fragmentation along with some errors in ffDiaporama, that makes it hard to predict if there is enough memory for a special project.

You can use the Taskmanager to determine how much memory is available at a given time and also how much memory is in use by a special application.

#9 10-22-2015 18:10:59

Blader726
Nouveau membre

gerd1028 wrote:

Short answer:
you can't, if your project renders, everything is fine.

Longer answer:
A 32-Bit program can use up to 2GB Memory.
This memory will be used for
- all internal Data of the program
- memory used for rendering (depends on the codec for rendering used with ffmpeg)
- memory for your pictures/videos/sounds used in your project
The value in your application-settings can limt the memory used for pictures hold in memory during rendering.
So the maximum memory usage is taken when rendering two slides during their transition, at this point both slides where needed to generate the Transition-output,
Unfortunately there are some more issues with memory handling like memory fragmentation along with some errors in ffDiaporama, that makes it hard to predict if there is enough memory for a special project.

You can use the Taskmanager to determine how much memory is available at a given time and also how much memory is in use by a special application.

Thank you for the input. I will try to render the project again once I am home.

#10 03-08-2016 00:39:27

Sessencenivy
Nouveau membre

Are we missing a Jim-related event?  Tell us, by replying to this post, and we'll try to get it added to the calendar if it's appropriate.

Thanks

Board footer