You are not logged in.

#1 08-28-2015 20:52:46

alynur
Membre

Playback Size

Is there anyway to adjust the playback size when viewing finished projects? I've tried changing the maximum height from minimum to maximum with no affect. Playback mode is VLC, Running Peppermint 6 with ffDiaporama version 2.1. This is very anoying because the playback is in a window of about 3"x1" I haven't experienced this problem before with playback when using other moviemakers while running Windows XP. Please help or explain, thanks

#2 08-29-2015 22:13:27

Succat
Membre

Re: Playback Size

Greetings alynur

I suspect your issue relates to the "mode" you are using when viewing or previewing your projects.

Try changing the mode, as follows:

Open ffDiaporama, look to the status bar at bottom right — there you will see five icons.

Mouse-over each of the icons; from left to right they will read ... Explorer mode / sheet mode / preview mode.

I suspect you are currently using either the explorer mode or the sheet mode (hence the small playback screen) and suggest you try using the PREVIEW mode.

Best wishes

smile

Succat

#3 08-30-2015 03:27:53

alynur
Membre

Hi succat, it's not the viewing while in the program, it's the playback size once I open the created file in VLC Player and try to watch it.

#4 08-31-2015 20:05:58

alynur
Membre

Hi Succat, I should have mentioned that I did try changing mode and niether mode has an effect on either the preview within the app or the finished product playback in VLC.

#5 09-01-2015 05:42:04

Succat
Membre

... oops ... okay, thank you for clarifying that, alynur:

I wouldn't expect this issue is related to your VLC player.

My only other suggestion is to ensure you are "rendering" your project to the desired size (resolution) when creating the video file.

To ensure this, I always use the "advanced" option when "Rendering video" ... and, in the "Image Format" box, select exactly what resolution I require.

Please let us know how you get on

Best

smile

Succat

#6 09-01-2015 05:48:06

alynur
Membre

Hi Succat, I tried rendering in player/smartphone and multimedia both. Same results. I'll give your suggestion a try and get back to you

#7 09-01-2015 06:16:25

alynur
Membre

Hi again, I used the advanced setting of 720p and no change

#8 09-01-2015 06:45:00

Succat
Membre

... oh ...

hmm

I'm all out of ideas for the moment, alynur, but I'll post back if something else comes to mind.

Meantime — maybe a more experienced user than me will be able to offer a solution.

Sorry ...

#9 09-01-2015 15:15:40

Sestay
Modérateur
Website

hello,
did you check the video final resolution size  right lic and proprerty.
or with mediainfo.https://mediaarea.net/fr/MediaInfo/Download
try to play the vidéo with an other player like totem or mplayer.

#10 09-01-2015 18:17:13

alynur
Membre

Sestay wrote:

hello,
did you check the video final resolution size  right lic and proprerty.
or with mediainfo.https://mediaarea.net/fr/MediaInfo/Download
try to play the vidéo with an other player like totem or mplayer.

Hi Sestay, as I mentioned, I did open properties and set final resolution to 720p. As far as the rest of your question, I don't understand it, a little more "how to" would be appreciated. Also, am I to understand that if I change the preview size while creating the project by manipulating the selections in the lower right hand corner, the preview window size and playback will change? If so, then there is definitely something wrong with the program. Initially when I installed the player I used the Software Manager(I'm running Peppermint 6) and the 1.5 version was installed. Well that wouldn't complete the rendering process and I got help from the Peppermint Forum and we purged the 1.5 version, located and installed the 2.1 version and updated. And here we are . I did try viewing the final product in SMPlayer but it was the same. Any other ideas? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the 2.1 version as it was last saved in the repository.

#11 09-01-2015 20:55:57

Succat
Membre

alynur wrote:

Initially ... I installed the 1.5 version ... (and when) ... that wouldn't complete the rendering process ... we purged the 1.5 version, located and installed the 2.1 version and updated. And here we are .

Okay , given that, may I suggest a CLEAN install of v2.1 to ensure we're all on the same page (so to speak) before going forward.

Here are directions for doing a clean install:

* http://ffdiaporama.tuxfamily.org/Forum/ … 3932#p3932

Best

Succat

#12 09-02-2015 03:10:57

alynur
Membre

oops, sorry Succat, I posted to the wrong post. I don't think I can remove the file from the Ubuntu repository. I have done a purge, which would remove all of the installed file from my system and reinstalled from the repository with no luck. I was thinking about downloading the ppa from the website and installing it from there, maybe my system is corrupting the program as it's been copied from the repository. I would like to try that if you guys think it would help. Only problem is I don't know how to do it. What do you think?

#13 09-02-2015 11:52:42

Sestay
Modérateur
Website

bonjour,

Initially ... I installed the 1.5 version

Did you purge completly the 1.5 version before installing 2.1 ?

I have done a purge, which would remove all of the installed file from my system

You have also to delete the hiden folder ".ffdiaporama" in your home dirrectory.(try this and test may be ....)
How have you installed the 2.1 version ?
Here is  repositories for this version http://ffdiaporama.tuxfamily.org/?page_id=10472.

did you check the video final resolution size

I suggested to you to check in the renderig video all the properties of this video.
the result with media info is like this.

Vidéo
ID/String                        : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format_Profile                   : Main@L4
Format_Settings_CABAC/String     : Oui
Format_Settings_RefFrames/String : 3 images
Format_Settings_GOP              : M=1, N=12
CodecID                          : avc1
CodecID/Info                     : Advanced Video Coding
Duration/String                  : 4mn 45s
BitRate_Mode/String              : Variable
BitRate/String                   : 8 653 Kbps
BitRate_Nominal/String           : 8 000 Kbps
Width/String                     : 1 920 pixels
Height/String                    : 1 080 pixels
DisplayAspectRatio/String        : 16/9
FrameRate_Mode/String            : Constant
FrameRate/String                 : 25,000 Im/s
ColorSpace                       : YUV
ChromaSubsampling                : 4:2:0
BitDepth/String                  : 8 bits

sorry for my english.

Last edited by Sestay (09-02-2015 12:11:36)

#14 09-02-2015 19:52:02

alynur
Membre

Hi Sestay, I can't find that screen anywhere, how did you get that up?

#15 09-03-2015 01:09:28

alynur
Membre

Hi Sestay, okay, I downloaded the file along with Lintian output, rebooted and it works fine. It appears the file was corrupted as it was being copied from the repository. The techs at Peppermint said they downloaded from the repository and it worked fine. One question, will this file automatically offer updates? That's minor, I'm just glad it works. I would like to know how you pulled up that properties file. Chao

#16 09-03-2015 23:50:00

Sestay
Modérateur
Website

Hello,
I Use mediainfo this soft is very useful it is on repository you can also use this link for more info.
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

#17 09-05-2015 04:40:43

alynur
Membre

Hi Sestay, I will definitely have to look into MediaInfo, for your information I have since swapped out hard drives and have Peppermint 6 as the sole operating system. I followed Peppermint instructions to purge current version(1.5) from the software manager and install the stable(2.1) version back into software manager. I then installed ffDiaporama into my system and it works just fine. Apparantly someithing was wrong with my install of Peppermint 6 on the dual boot hard drive. Thanks for your assistance, I will not hesitate to come back for help when I need it, chao, oh, I don't know how to mark this thread as solved.

Board footer