You are not logged in.

#1 04-04-2014 22:45:29

Trevorm
Nouveau membre

Previewing slide show

I downloaded ffDiaporama 2.1 today and I am learning how to use  the program.

I am totally impressed with this powerful package and contrary to the reviews I have read, I don't find it a steep learning curve. However, I am currently bemused - why does the slide show review in the "Project " tab (the PLAY button at bottom of the Project window) play back at a different speed/rate  (frames per second/slide and transition duration) to the durations set in the Project "Settings")?

I expect it says how to set this in the Help file somewhere but I have not found it yet!!!

I would appreciate a little help on this

Regards,
Trevorm

#2 04-05-2014 06:57:57

domledom
Administrateur

Re: Previewing slide show

Hello

The preview is just a preview : That is just a way to quickly check the enchainements but it can not be 100% loyal to what will be generated because it requires too much computation to be displayed in real time

In the option settings, some parameters apply to the preview. These parameters allow you to adjust the preview settings (fps, size, ...) regarding your computer.
If you have a recent and powerful PC, you can set higher settings.

When you generate a video that your pc is powerful or not, all settings are possible (more powerful is the computer and less is the generation time)

Processeur i5 - 8 Go RAM - Manjaro Linux KDE (64 bits) / Windows 7 (64 bits)

#3 04-05-2014 15:17:03

Trevorm
Nouveau membre

Re: Previewing slide show

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

I worked out that I had a conflict with timings between image display duration and transition, hence although having a 4 second duration on my image the transition was 2 seconds. Of course, the transition is part of the image display duration and therefor the image appeared to display for only 2 seconds.

Extending the image display duration corrected my problem

Thanks again.

Trevorm

Board footer